Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The wonderful land of Photographers

When I first started decorating I would go to the store and try to pick out the perfect pictures for my wall that would express my style I found it difficult I would bring home a picture or some type of wall hanging and while they were nice they did not bring me as much joy to look at as pictures of my girls, at that point I decided that Photographs were an investment. a priority.  I did not have a lot of money so I started taking pictures or would find those free 8X10 coupons to have my children photographed, this has evolved after a while I realized I was not a fan of the POSY pictures they made my kids cry and I felt stressed so I l would bring the girls and direct the photographer that if they were crying I wanted those pictures, if they were crawling take a picture of that,I would bring them French fries, make sure they had a nap and schedual accordingly later I realized that instead of dressing my girls in pinks and purples that I needed to match them to how I wanted to decorate the room the picture was going to be in.  I love it so much more sometimes I will sit on my couch and just smile at the art sitting before me.
  I am very lucky to have the most talented  photographer friends in my life. 

These 2 Woman came and Photographed this shoot[943.jpg]
My Best Friend Tara (http://www.tmcustomportraits.com/) is a Photographer We have so much fun coming up with the next crazy thing in my head she has been taking pictures for many years. We push each other hard which has been wonderful she helped me set up this photo shoot. She is opening the doors to a new photography Studio In Oregon City on Main Street We painted it yesterday its beautiful. Congratulations Tara!
04 BP
My Good  Friend Scarlette (http://www.byscarlette.com/)  Who helped push me to start this Blog. She and I have gotten to know each other this year it is so fun to have a friend who has these amazing ideas to share. She is very creative and knows how to get what she wants :) Scarlette entered some of her pictures from the Wonderland shoot into a local magazine and it mad e front cover so now we are Famous. This has been so fun to see everywhere.
Vancouver Magazine

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I see that mag everywhere. Congrats!! Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck!! I never knew that!!! So cool.

    ReplyDelete